Confused by Medicaid, MIChild, Healthy Michigan or Children's Special Health Care Services plans? Let us help you figure out how to sign up for a plan or understand if you qualify. We're here to help!
Wondering if you qualify for a Priority Health Medicaid or Healthy Michigan Plan?
Medicaid is a state and federally funded program that provides health coverage to eligible low-income adults (including pregnant women) at or below 54% of the federal poverty level, children, adults age 65 and older and people with disabilities.
Healthy Michigan Plan is a Medicaid program that provides health care to Michigan residents age 19-64 years at a low cost if their income is at or below 133% of the federal poverty level, don't qualify or aren't enrolled in a Medicare or other Medicaid plan and are not pregnant at the time of enrollment. See a map of the counties where you can choose Priority Health for your Medicaid plan.
What's the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?
Medicare is a federal health care program for people age 65 or older, or some people with disabilities, regardless of income. Medicaid is a state and federal program that provides health care coverage if you have a low income.
There is also a kind of health plan called a Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan, or D-SNP, for those who qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid. Learn more about PriorityMedicare D-SNPSM, including eligibility requirements.
What's the difference between Medicaid, Healthy Michigan Plan, MIChild and Children's Special Health Care Services (CSHCS) plans?
Medicaid – Health care coverage for people of all ages with a low income.
Healthy Michigan Plan – Provides health care coverage to Michigan residents age 19-64 years at a low cost if:
- Their income is at or below 133% of the federal poverty level
- They don't qualify for or aren't enrolled in a Medicare or other Medicaid plan
- They are not pregnant at the time of enrollment
MIChild – Provides health care coverage to eligible children in Michigan.
Children's Special Health Care Services – A program for children under age 21 and some adults, with special health care needs, regardless of income. Note: this program is offered in all states, so if you move, you'll need to reapply for the program in your new state of residence.
- For more information or assistance regarding Care Management, please contact Customer Service at 888.975.8102.
- For information regarding CSHCS Care Management, please call 616.464.8221 or email email@example.com.
- Visit the State of Michigan website for more information on CSHCS and eligibility.
Where can I find more information?
Please reference the Member Handbook and Certificate of Coverage for more detailed information.
- Medicaid Certificate of Coverage and Member Handbook
- Healthy Michigan Plan Certificate of Coverage and Member Handbook
Have a question? We're here to help.
Contact Customer Service:
888.975.8102 (TTY 711)
Monday–Thursday 7:30 a.m.–7 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturday 8:30 a.m.–noon
Our service area