Expecting a baby? We offer several programs to support you every step of this exciting journey.
CenteringPregnancy: A unique option for prenatal care
CenteringPregnancy® offers an opportunity for pregnant women to connect outside of the exam room and in a comfortable group setting for their prenatal care. Together with a doctor, mothers discuss pregnancy concerns, infant care, breastfeeding and other important health topics in order to prepare for all stages of pregnancy. Additional benefits include:
- More time with a doctor
- Support and friendship with other pregnant women
- Fun and interactive way to learn care skills during pregnancy, birth and after baby arrives
The CenteringPregnancy program is offered at InterCare Community Health Network, Hackley Community Care, Grace Health and Spectrum Health. Contact your doctor to learn more and sign up.
Maternal Infant Health Program
The Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP) is a free program before, during and after your pregnancy to help you have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. The MIHP is free for Medicaid members and provides regular in-home visits by a nurse or social worker. MIHP services include:
- Free transportation to doctor appointments, WIC and childbirth/parent education classes
- In-home nurse visits
- Help getting prenatal care
- Answers to your questions about pregnancy and caring for your baby
- Help with health problems that could affect your pregnancy
To learn more and to locate a MIHP provider near you, visit the State of Michigan's website.
Maternity dental benefits
Your Medicaid plan includes dental care during pregnancy. Pregnant members can see dentists who are part of the Delta Dental EPO or Dencap network and may also receive transportation to and from dental appointments. If you're pregnant and want to receive dental services, make sure to do the following:
If you're pregnant and want to use your dental services, you need to:
- Notify Priority Health Choice, Inc. of your pregnancy and due date by calling our Customer Service at 888.975.8102 (TTY users call 711).
- Notify your Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) caseworker of your pregnancy and due date. If you know their phone number, you can call them directly. If not, you can call your County DHHS office or the Medicaid Beneficiary Hotline at 800.642.3195 (TTY users call 711) to connect with your case worker.
Update to Medicaid Postpartum Health and Dental Benefits as of April 1, 2022
There has been a recent update to the Priority Health Choice, Inc. Pregnant Women’s Coverage. Postpartum health and dental coverage has been extended to 12 months. This means if you are a Medicaid member who is pregnant or becomes pregnant, you have access to health and dental services during your entire pregnancy, as well as up to 12 months after you deliver (Your due date + 12 months).
Diaper incentive program
If you are a Priority Health member and participate in the Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP) and Nurse-Family Partnership during pregnancy, you can get two free bags of diapers for attending your postpartum visit. As a new mom, this visit with your OB provider is to check in on your health after delivering. All you have to do is choose a size, and the diapers will be delivered right to your home.
How does it work?
Priority Health calls members to set up orders and works with J&B to get these delivered.
Once you participate in our diaper incentive program, you'll be eligible for more diaper discounts with J&B using the Priority Health discount code. Use the code to save $7.50 on your next diaper order of $40 or more.
Where can I find more information?
Please reference the Member Handbook and Certificate of Coverage for more detailed information.
- Medicaid Certificate of Coverage and Member Handbook
- Healthy Michigan Plan Certificate of Coverage and Member Handbook
Have a question? We're here to help.
Contact Customer Service:
888.975.8102 (TTY 711)
Monday–Thursday 7:30 a.m.–7 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturday 8:30 a.m.–noon