Providers, we want to hear from you!
Our Behavioral Health department has clinical staff available who specialize in helping members manage complex and chronic mental health and substance use conditions.
If you're working one-on-one with a Priority Health member who may benefit from additional telephone support, please contact our Behavioral Health department at 800.673.8043 or email email@example.com during business hours. We'll ask you to verify the member’s information and provide clinical rationale regarding the reason for referral and/or care coordination. You may also fax our Behavioral Health Care Coordination form to 616.975.0249.
Outpatient referrals & discharge planning
Often there can be challenges finding the right outpatient provider or transitioning from the hospital setting back to the community. Our staff are available to support members wherever they are in this process.
If you're attempting to refer a member for mental health or substance use disorder outpatient care or attempting to plan a successful discharge from the hospital setting – please contact 800.673.8043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indicators of high risks
Please notify our Behavioral Health department right away by calling 800.673.8043 should you become aware that a Priority Health member is struggling with the following:
- Overuse or underuse of medical services
- Non-adherence with treatment plans and/or recommendations
- Complex medical conditions with psychological/behavioral factors
- Inappropriate prescription drug access and use patterns
Coordination between PCPs and behavioral health providers
Primary care providers and behavioral health specialists should use the Behavioral Health Care Coordination form to communicate:
- Requests for consultations
- Medication management or therapy
- Dates of behavioral health sessions
Behavioral health services
- Autism services
- Clinical guidelines
- Coordination of care
- Discharge process
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Medicaid behavioral health
- Mental health services
- Neuropsych/psychological exams, testing
- Psychological E&M of non-mental-health disorders
- Substance use disorder services
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation